Complete customized artwork to meet your needs from invitation wording to monograms. Contact me to schedule an appointment to go over your wedding invitation details.
I will guide you through the cultural requirement and recommend the best option for your wedding invitation.
Invitation for special events, graduation, holiday, baby, parties and celebrations are also available. Additional discount is offered for online items and invitations from catalogs.
Thermography is a classic printing technique that doesn't require a custom plate, making this technique the less costly than letterpress. The following describes how thermography is done.
1. A paper plate with an aluminium backing is created for the invitation. The plate is mounted on a press-cylinder and comes in contact with wetting rollers, then ink rollers.
2. The image is flat printed on the paper as it passes between the cylinders. While the ink is wet, it is dusted with resinous powder. Some of the powder adheres to the ink, the extra powder is removed and the invitation then passes through a heated tunnel.
3. The heat melts the powder, and the ink is fused to the paper. The paper remains flat, but the melted powder creates the raised ink effect.
Letterpress is the older printing technique, and it gives the printed piece an air of deep formality, making it perfect for a traditional wedding.
1. After the bride selects the wording for her invitation, an image in reverse on a film negative is produced.
2. A polymer plate is made with client artwork and affixed to the press bed and ready to print.
3. The ink is applied to the die on the press and each piece of paper is hand fed onto the top of the roller and held in place.
4. The roller is then hand cranked so that the paper is “pressed” onto the top of the polymer plate. Under extreme pressure, the invitation is created.
This pressure creates the distinct indentation on the back of the invitation – known as “bruising” – a classic indicator of the engraving.
Your invitations will designed and printed by printers in the U.S.A. Papers are also made in the U.S.A with highest quality. Contact me to view our paper selections.